From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-17 17:27:52

> >We don't want to stick all of the generated HTML into CVS (too big).
>
>If it is too big for the regular CVS, isn't it too big for the >distribution
too? How big is big?

This is a radical idea, but maybe that's what's needed.
What if we did this:
1) Create a new CVS repository ala the sandbox for boost xml docs
2) When an author using boost docs updates the XML he will
   generate the HTML which will get checked into the normal
   boost tree.

These html docs should be about the same as something written
by hand and the xml is now a totally optional part of the
distribution. If you want PDF you have to use the documentation
CVS tree or a optional download snapshot of the xml tree.

This makes things a bit harder for those using the xml docs,
but I don't see how we can move away from the current html
delivery scheme.

Jeff