From: Chris Little (cslittle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 15:39:03

on 2/18/03 10:58 AM, Beman Dawes at bdawes_at_[hidden] wrote:

> In looking at the Mac OS (Darwin) regression tests to see why there are so
> many failures, a number of tests are failing with only this message:
>
> /usr/local/boost/boost/type_traits/is_float.hpp:22: warning: use of `long
> double' type; its size may change in a future release
> /usr/local/boost/boost/type_traits/is_float.hpp:22: warning: (Long double
> usage is reported only once for each file.
> /usr/local/boost/boost/type_traits/is_float.hpp:22: warning: To disable
> this warning, use -Wno-long-double.)
>
> There are two odd things about this:
>
> 1) This is just a warning so why is the test being reported as failing?
>
> 2) The darwin toolset specifies CFLAGS : -Wno-long-double, so why is the
> warning even being issued?
>
> Any ideas? (I can't test because of lack of access to the platform.)

The posted regression test was done with the gcc toolset but on Mac OS X.
You can tell because the heading on the Pass/Fail column says GNU GCC
instead of darwin. The gcc toolset doesn't include the flag to disable the
long double warning.

I just ran the test regression tests and there were significantly fewer
errors.

I would be will to run regular regression tests if someone would explain
where I need to post the output.

Chris