From: Kevin Atkinson (kevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 22:05:45

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Two comments:
>
> 1. Does not Boost.Thread already have locking mechanisms

The only thing boost threads offer is #1 on my list, that is "The ability
to acquire a lock and release it when the object goes out of scope
effectively implemented the "Monitor" concept". Implementing this idea is
rather easy and obvious. It is the other things my classes offer that
make it interesting. The differences should be obvious.

> 2. IMO any locking mechanisms should be implemented in terms of smart_ptr

This makes absolutely no sense to me, could you please explain your self.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org