From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-19 17:53:26

Ed Brey wrote:
[snip]
> The documentation in reference.html shows that which() returns int. (I
didn't check whether the code matched up.)

OK, I didn't realize you were talking about the docs. I'll note this to fix.

> >> The copyright notice doesn't make clear that the copyright
> >> notice need appear only in source code copies.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please explain?
>
> One of the boost license requirements is this: Must not require that the
license appear with executables or other binary uses of the library.

> The copyright notice contains this clause: "provided that the above
copyright notice appears in all copies".

> To make it clear that a compiled program uses this library need not
include the copyright notice, it would be good to change "copies" to "source
code copies".

I lifted the copyright notice from other Boost libraries (see MPL and
Boost.Threads). I am happy to change the notice if necessary, but should
these other libraries follow suit?

Thanks,
Eric