From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-25 08:34:04

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Go ahead and make the change, unless someone voices an objection.
>
> I'm wondering how may other places we have similar problems?

Now you know why I've been making such a stink about insidious ADL!

> Is there any programatic way to detect them?

I've been trying to get compiler vendors to add a warning for names to
which ADL applies but which are found in the local namespace. This,
at least, would give us a way to detect likely candidates. No takers
yet :(.

I wonder if a tool like GCC_XML could be of help?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting