From: Phil Nash (phil.nash.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-04 07:13:43

I'm interested in something like this, but I am not sure if your
implementation meets the needs I often seem to have.

1. I very often am given a raw buffer by pointer and wish to acquire it into
a more RAII-like container without copying.
2. Also I would like to provide a customer deleter.

Obviously these criteria in themselves are met well by any smart pointer
that has a customer deleter, but then you lose iterators, array syntax,
push/ pop etc. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds.
scoped_array and shared_array go some way towards this, but not all the way.

I don't know whether, again, this would all be better implemented as
policies of a generic smart pointer framework (or even managed_resource or
whatever the name might be).

Regards,

[)o
IhIL...