From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 04:19:52

In article <3D8559AE95B4D611B02C0002557C6C8B3C4748_at_STH-EXCH>,
Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden] writes

>Kevlin Henney, the author of lexical_cast, is currently reviewing and
>brushing up some minor details in the proposal by Terje Slettebo
>(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/lexical_cast_proposition/lexical_
>cast_proposition.zip). It should only be a day or two before the CVS will
>contain the new version. I know that people have been waiting a _really_
>long time for this to happen, and as has been stated before, the changes
>will be part of 1.30.0. To all of you who've been waiting, thanks for your
>patience!

Just to let you know that a new version is now in CVS.

However, it appears to break under the regression test. I expected it to
break for VC6, but it is apparently failing to compile under VC7 and
Intel 7.0... which is more than a little bizarre because I have been
using VC7 as the main test compiler and Terje checked it against Intel
7.0. Both compile and run cleanly.

If anyone has any inspired guesses as to why the sourceforge build is
failing for what appears to be clean and correct code, please let me
know!

Thanks, Kevlin.

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  http://www.curbralan.com fax: +44 870 052 2289
  Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review