From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-13 07:08:08

Vladimir Prus said:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> > Doesn't seem to be in the archives. It's from Neal D. Becker 10 Mar
>> >
>> > 2003. Here is the entire message:
>> >
>> > hope we

>> Since I never made a boost RPM, I don't think I'm the guy to address
>> it.
>
> I believe that Malte Starostik is the right person for dealing with this
> issue. I'm pretty sure the different is naming is difference between
> Mandrake and Redhat, but have no idea how to fix it.
>
> And, while we're on it, I think it would be much better if RPM are
> "officially" available (i.e from sourceforge download page).
>
> Lastly, this issue is not release show-stopper: the *spec file which
> creates RPM is not in Boost CVS tree. Malte can make the changes when
> 1.30 is out.

Should it be in the tree?

(Yes, I know, we need to revitalize the installation discussion and
actually get something done on that front. I only ever intended to be a
moderator in this case, because of time constraints, but someone needs to
take a much more active role in ensuring this area is addressed!)

--
William E. Kempf