From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-19 04:59:23

>From: "Kevlin Henney" <kevlin_at_[hidden]>

> In article <168d01c2eda7$e0970470$8d6c6f50_at_pc>, Terje Slettebø
> <tslettebo_at_[hidden]> writes
> >
> >However, the three failing tests for each of MSVC 6 and g++ 2.95
(different
> >ones for the two) are in the middle of some wide character tests.
>
> My original intent was to disable wide character support for any
> platform that was effectively less than 99% conforming in its support
> for wide characters, including non-intrinsic wchar_t. So g++ 2.95 and
> MSVC 6 should not, strictly speaking, offer any support for wide
> character conversions out of the box.

Using John's suggestion, it now correctly disables wide character support
for g++ 2.95, so the three failing tests that Genny reported (and which I
posted) are unrelated to wide characters. To deal with them, one may set
"expected failures", as Gennadiy suggested.

For MSVC 6, in my last posting, I posted a patch to disable wide characters
for MSVC 6, as well. That takes care of the three other test failures on
that compiler, since they were related to wide characters.

So in summary, one may do:

- Remove all BOOST_WORKAROUND's (for MSVC 6 and g++, they are not needed
anymore for the former, and for the latter, "expected failures" is used)
- Set expected failures to 3 for g++ 2.95
- Disable wide character support for MSVC 6, using the patch I gave:

#if defined(BOOST_NO_STRINGSTREAM) || \
    defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING) || \
    defined(BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE) || \
    defined(BOOST_NO_CWCHAR) || \
    defined(BOOST_MSVC) && (BOOST_MSVC <= 1200)
#define DISABLE_WIDE_CHAR_SUPPORT
#endif

- Run regression tests, and if ok, ship Boost. :)

Regards,

Terje