From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-02 01:59:30

> > 5. Usage std::type_info for reflection
> > I don't think we should enforce RTTI for the variant users. We should
> > be able to postpone the decision on what kind of reflection
> > information user want till instantiation time.
>
> Please elaborate on this point. FYI, the current variant::type method
> is provided so as to mirror boost::any.

Take a look on recent discussion on lexical type modifications. Here I
express my concern about RTTI affecting the performance of whole
application. Apparently I was not able to find enough confederates to
justify an efforts of making RTTI optional part of interface.
   But still the same applies to Variant library. Presence of typeinfo
header rules out it's usage for me (I will probably need to hack into your
code and eliminate all the references to type_info locally, would I decide
to use it)

Gennadiy.