From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-03 02:47:48

Eric Friedman wrote:
> 1) In addition to its role in enabling recursive variants,
> boost::incomplete<T> provides a convenient way to increase space
efficiency
> (though at the expense of speed efficiency due to heap allocation). Note
> though that this is only because incomplete wraps a T*, which is small. It
> does *not* disable the double-storage technique.

I forgot to mention and want to add the following. I *could* code a
special-case that would disable the double-storage technique for
incomplete<T>. I just don't know if the extra effort would be worth the
rather small savings, i.e. sizeof(T*).

I will look into the difficulty of such a special-case, however.

Thanks,
Eric