From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-12 22:21:28

Attached is a document that I intend to give to Daveed Vandevoorde regarding
several extensions to the preprocessor that would significantly help the field
of preprocessor metaprogramming. If you are at all interested in
Boost.Preprocessor or preprocessor metaprogramming--even template
metaprogramming (as the two go hand in hand)--please read this paper.

I need input regarding the paper itself and anything that should be added or
subtracted from the paper. I'm also not really a writer, so any critique in
this area is welcome as well.

I need the support of as many people as possible with this proposal (to put at
the end of the document), in order to prove the validity of preprocessor
metaprogramming in a forum that is quite biased against the preprocessor.

None of these extensions are without precedent or are major extensions--except a
scoping mechanism, which I added because what I've seen of the current idea is
fundamentally flawed.

Thanks,
Paul Mensonides