From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-24 13:20:14

I have fixed the header inclusion problem and have made some minor updates
to the code. These updates have not been posted, because I would like to get
more of the documentation completed.

Paul A Bristow wrote:

>1 code examples are conventionally (and helpfully) in monospaced. My
>favourite
>is Lucida Console. Doesn't boost.css provide this?

This has now been fixed in the XSLT and boost.css.

>4 Using MSVC at least it is also very easy to snapshot the output from a
>console
>application and append it as a lng C-style comment

I personally pipe the output to a text file, since I am a makefile junkie!
:-)

>2 Your potential users are busy, and not all expert, so over-commenting is
>better than under.

>3 Examples are the most useful. And I find placing the output as a
>comment is
>most helpful (to me when I read my examples some time later!).

>5 Since the whole point is that one can use this for nearly any container,
>help
>users who 'just want it output' by providing an example of their container,
>or
>near. (Also give a legalistic Standardese definition of requirements:
>begin and
>end iterators must exist...).

I shall look at applying these suggestions.

-----

John Torjo wrote:

>I did not catch the beginning of this discussion.

I started posting this (from its *very* humble beginnings) in March 2003, so
you can look there
or do a search.

>Is this somewhat similar to:
>http://builder.com.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=u00220020805gcn01.htm&page=1
>http://builder.com.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=u00220020923gcn01.htm&page=1

Very similar. I have even (independantly) devised the same style formatter
objects to output sub-elements, although I appear to have a more extensive
set of them. Perhapse we can share ideas?

-rhd-
mailto:msclrhd_at_[hidden]

Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile