From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-27 11:49:56

>From: "Terje Slettebø" <tslettebo_at_[hidden]>

> Like I said, in OP's case, they wanted to distinguish between them, so
that
> you for example couldn't add Hz and rad/s.

Just to elaborate some on this, say that you do:

radioactivity(1) + frequency(1) + angular_velocity(1)

(bequerel + hertz + rad/s)

Without considering other things but the seven SI dimensions, the above will
compile. But will it make sense?

Strictly speaking, it's ok, but you might want to distinguish between them,
to avoid errors in calculations, or to provide a result printed with the
quantities you use.

Alternatively, you don't, and you provide just one form, e.g. hertz (when it
comes to the name printed for the unit).

Regards,

Terje