From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-30 08:32:23

At 03:21 AM 4/25/2003, Vladimir Prus wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> >Beman, if that's fine with you, I'll code them.
>>
>> Yes, go ahead. Although the concept of "extension" may be foreign on
some
>> operating systems, I think the idea is widespread enough to be worth
>> including. If I understand your proposal correctly, the code and its
>usage
>> will be portable when applied to a path build from the generic grammar
>and
>> the results will be more or less correct (if a bit odd) when applied to
>> path which used the system dependent constructor and an operating
system
>> specific path string.
>
>Yes, I think that's so. I attach a patch against CVS HEAD with
>implementation,
>docs and tests. Could you take a look and tell if anything should be
>corrected?

* There are two places in the docs where what should be shown as '.' is
showing up as '.' (browser is IE 6).

* empty() is misspelled as empy() in several places. But see next item.

* I think the preconditions should be removed. In each case, the behavior
as specified is quite sensible even if ph.leaf().empty(), and may be useful
in some applications. (Assuming you agree, the assert()'s should be
removed, and test cases should be added.)

* You have my permission to remove my copyright from the docs and add your
own. You've contributed all the pieces, so no need to mention me.

* Please add "Contributed by Vladimir Prus." to each function. I'd like to
track all contributors.

* Go ahead and commit to CVS. Then let's keep an eye on the test results
for a couple of days as the changes get tested on various platforms.

Thanks,

--Beman