From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-01 18:16:32

>From: <renej_at_[hidden]>

> > | [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]On Behalf Of Terje Slettebø |
> >
> > | Actually, the one I'm working on ...
> >
> > This is all very interesting (hoping to encourage you by indicating
> > that someone is listening and valuing this work:-).
>
> better late than never: I'm very interested too ;-)
> ... as long as there is some way of using the 2 supplementary SI units
> 'plane angle' and 'solig angle' as dim's too...

There is. :) You have been heard. :)

As mentioned in an earlier posting, using default arguments, you may have
any number of parameters, so you may add dimensions. For example something
like:

template<int kg, int m, int s, int A, int K, int mol, int cd, int aux1 = 0,
int aux2 = 0, int aux3 = 0>
class unit;

This gives a system with 7 + 3 user-defined dimensions. It may quite easily
be added to more dimensions, should that be wanted (storing the exponents as
an MPL typelist/vector is another possibility, with similar result, since
it's defined in essentially the same way - using default arguments).

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. :)

I'm also open to suggestions about any changes or additions.

I'll soon upload the library, so it may be tested. That gives us something
more concrete to test and discuss.

Regards,

Terje