From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 10:36:47

Not long ago a serialization lib was attempted here. Although there was lots
of support for serialization, there was not agreement on what it should do.

Still, the need exists. Since I couldn't find anything that fit my needs, I
threw together the beginning of my own.

At this point, it is very simple and does what I need. Perhaps there is more
general interest in a simple, minimal serialization lib of this sort.

Here are the highlights:

* binary format
* POD are all handled automatically
* classes need a function "DoSave", either static or nonmember (nonintrusive)
* STL containers handled

For now, only POD, std::vector and std::complex are implemented as a demo -
but it seems easy to extend. I had no problem to add RingBuffer<
std::complex<int> >, for example.

Any thoughts?