From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-07 08:18:06

At 08:28 AM 5/7/2003, Beman Dawes wrote:
>I've committed a new file (tools/build/como-win32-tools.jam) twice in the

>last several days, only to have it disappear from the repository. No sign

>of it in the attic. Gone.
>
>The contents of the regression results directory
>(http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/) seems to have
disappeared,
>too.
>
>Please be careful that you don't depend on CVS as your only source of
>backup!

This just came in:

Greetings,

My name is Jacob Moorman; I am the Quality of Service Manager for
SourceForge.net. I am writing to you today regarding your
SourceForge.net project, boost. If you feel this message has
been sent in error, please reply and let me know.

On 2003-05-05, the primary SourceForge.net project CVS server
sufferred a hard crash which resulted in the corruption of CVS
repositories for a small number of projects. Unfortunately, we
believe that your project, boost, was one of the effected
projects (we base this on information returned when we ran checks
on the filesystem).

We have taken the following steps:

1. Revalidated the filesystem, to ensure that further corruption
will not occur.

2. Made a backup of the contents of your CVS repository as of
2003-05-06 and 2003-05-07 (we made two backups).

3. Restored your project CVS repository as of 2003-05-03. This
action was taken as we could not ensure the stability of your
repository in its current state.

We have done our best to respond to this issue in a complete manner,
and to bring your repository back online as quickly as possible.
This matter has been handled with high priority, resulting in a
turnaround time on this issue of less than two business days from the
time this issue was discovered.

Moving forward, you should work within your development team to come
up with a course of action for committing all more recent repository
changes; obviously some intermediate history will be lost in this
process, but you should be able to bring things back to a current
state fairly quickly now that the repository has been stabilized.

Additionally:
If you would like access to the backups from 2003-05-03 (known stable),
2003-05-06/2003-05-07 (made before your repository was restored to
the known state from 2003-05-03), please let us know; if you believe
(based on work in the past few days) that your repository is generally
clean, we can restore the repository to its state as of this morning
and selectively use the 2003-05-03 backup to fill in any gaps/corruption
that you detect. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance
in this matter.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this matter, please
submit a Support Request at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=200001

Thank you,

Jacob Moorman
Quality of Service Manager, SourceForge.net
https://sourceforge.net/users/moorman
moorman_at_[hidden]
moorman_at_[hidden]
moorman_at_[hidden]