From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-07 11:49:38

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 12:17 pm, David Abrahams wrote:
> I'm running
>
> cvs status | grep --after-context=5 "Needs Patch"
>
> right now to see what I learn.
> That was fast!

It shouldn't be fast (at least, it wasn't for me...). From hte log it looks
like it is incomplete.

> cvs server: Examining boost/mpl/aux_/test
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
> `/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/mpl/aux_/test'
> (/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/mpl/aux_/test/#cvs.lock): No such file or
> directory cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> `/cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/mpl/aux_/test' cvs [server aborted]: read lock
> failed - giving up

We probably need to "cvs add" this directory (it was probably created after
the May 3rd backup).

> I'm not sure how to interpret this. At least one of the files it says
> "is no longer in the repository" about is something I CVS add-ed
> recently.

That's fine. It means that the file doesn't exist in the repository (you added
it after the backup) but does exist on your developer machine. These files
should be "cvs add"ed back and committed.

> I also note that the'res no notice about "Examining" many
> of the directories: libs, for example.

That's odd. When I ran "cvs status" at the top-level, it seemed to examine
everything. Stupid idea: try again, after "cvs add"'ing back the directories
where it can't get a dir lock?

        Doug