From: Robin Hu (huxw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-20 05:44:19

Hi boosters:

   I once mentioned boost::timer behaviors different in different
   platform in this maillist, and Beman said that's the problem of
   microsoft himself, because it's he who failed to conform to the
   standard. (Hi Beman, am I right? ).

   But I think such measurement is used so often, that we shouldnt leave
   this problem alone. I'd prefer to refine timer to process_timer and
   walltime_timer, and each behaviors the same on different platforms.

   Here's my simple implementation of new timers, which should work on
   both linux and windows nt. I hope you'll intested in this idea and
   give some comments. Thanks.

   robin.hu