From: Marcelo E. Magallon (mmagallo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-22 02:55:20

Hi,

 I have just a couple of comments after reading Chuck's Review and
 Vladimir's replies. I have written a similar library for internal use,
 although not as comprehensive.

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 03:43:58PM -0400, Chuck Messenger wrote:

> * Library-managed default values

 Yes, this is a definite plus.

> * Adaptive formatting (first field width)

 Vladimir says that changing the output (after adding more options)
 could be confusing for the user. I beg to disagree. autoconf
 generated configure scripts had no facility to adjust the formatting
 according to the widest option and the output is very confusing since
 it's hard to tell appart option descriptions from option names.

 A question of my own:

 How to handle non-option arguments? e.g. "$ cat file", I'm sure it's
 there but I couldn't spot it in the documentation.

 I took a couple of my programs and replaced my own library by
 program_options. It went quite well and I found program_options to be
 simple to use.

 Marcelo