From: Carl Waldbieser (waldbie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-27 20:45:23

> > The ability to create flexible offsets from a given date are extremely
> > useful, especially when the units involved are mixed (days, weeks,
months,
> > years). The ability of the Date-Time library to handle situations like
this
> > has really impressed me so far, but situations where the offset is a
given
> > amount of one unit *less* than a given amount of another unit are
equally
> > important in the application I have in mind. I realize that there are
> > larger issues that deal with much smaller and larger time resolutions
than I
> > am working with, but I would really like to see some of this extra
> > flexability make it into the library!
>
> You lost me with this one...
>
> Jeff
I was just repeating myself here, I guess. I was basically saying it would
be nice to be able to adjust big units (like months) backwards by small
units (like days).

I will look at your examples and see if I can see how to accomplish what I
want to do with them. Also, I undersand why something like the month
iterator cannot be a model of Biderectional Iterator (as it would violate
the semantic meaning in some cases), but is there a reason why the date
iterator itself is not bidrectional?

Carl Waldbieser