From: Jonathan D. Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-07 01:24:02

        I have several class templates for producing standard streambufs based on
classes with read, write and seek functions (or a suitable subset thereof.)
I have used them successfully to access tcp connections, cryptographic
routines, OLE compound documents, zip files, etc.
        There are templates istreambuf and ostreambuf which perform either input or
output exclusively, a template double_streambuf which behaves like an
istreambuf glued to an ostreambuf, and a template bidirectional_streambuf
which performs input and output using a single shared buffer with a single
repositionable file pointer.
        In addition, template parameters can be used to specify code conversion and
to turn off buffering, and a contained error object can be used to customize
exception throwing.
        I there is any interest, I will post them at the vault.

Jonathan