From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-10 03:49:19

David Abrahams wrote:

> Some relatively significant revisions to the new iterator
> adaptors and iterator facade in the sandbox have happened
> recently. Among other things, we managed to eliminate one
> template parameter from iterator_adaptor (yay!). We also
> finalized our proposals for the C++ standard technical
> report. That text should serve as pretty good documentation
> until we have been able to generate the usual Boost
> "user-level" documentation from this material. The docs are
> in ReStructuredText (a plaintext markup format), but you can
> view HTML formatted versions here:
>
> http://boost-consulting.com/writing/facade-and-adaptor.html
> http://boost-consulting.com/writing/new-iter-concepts.html
>
> We plan to move the new adaptors into the main Boost CVS in the
> relatively near future. This will be an interface-breaking change;
> if that's going to cause a major problem for anyone, please let us
know.

Is there any way to tell, which version of the iterator library is
installed on a target system? I could think of some pp constant, which
allows to configure a piece of code to use the 'old' or the 'new'
iterator lib. This would allow for a smooth transition of existing
libraries depending on the iterator_lib and looses the otherwise tight
coupling between some user code and a specific Boost version.

Regards Hartmut