From: Jonathan D. Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-12 12:40:19

Maxim Egorushkin wrote:

> I posted here a while ago streambuf adapters. There was no any answer. May
> be you might find it intresting.
>
> The main idea is simple: to present any linear sequence as
> std::basic_streambuf<>.

Yes, this is very elegant. No codecvt's in sight -- just pure adaptors. Also
nice treatment of optional template parameters. It puts my design (and
certain my implementation) to shame. I should have thought more about the
general idea of composition before responding to posts.

Repositioning may not be releavnt to the type of applications discussed
(encryption, formating, etc.) but it is important sometimes and deserves a
good general treatment. Also, the ability to add a putback buffer is useful.

Yours (humbly),

Jonathan