From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-14 16:32:03

In article <4.3.2.7.2.20030520165536.01c2a588_at_[hidden]>,
Beman Dawes <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>At 07:46 AM 5/20/2003, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> >regression tests for Comeau seems broken
> >(http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/). Almost all the
> >"win32_metacomm" tests fail this way:
> >
> >"'mv' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> >program
> >or batch file."
>
>That probably means the "como" toolset is being used instead of the
>"como-win32" toolset.
>
>I've been working with Greg Comeau for the last couple of weeks trying to
>resolve various Comeau issues. If you look at the current win32 (not
>win32_metacomm) results, they are starting to look better.
>
>But those results are generated from an internal versions of the Comeau
>compiler and library, so they aren't reproducible until Comeau updates
>their public distribution.

Basically your comment above if I recall meant like 200+
tests were originally failing. Beman did some nice work,
and as he said we gave him some internal patches too, and
things are now like 85% ok. There's some 20 tests in
dispute over windows.h issues, and I've begun a thread
in .build to discuss it. Then there's another 5-10
tests that I will be looking into deeper, as well as
another 10 or so that look like a lookup problem in the
boost code itself due to either inaccessability or dependent
name or something like that, so a boost'er folk should look
at it. So it will only get better from here,
and hopefully most other tests pass in the next few days.

Anyway, I sent another beta to Beman in the past 24 hours or so,
and as soon as that's in sync, I'd be glad to provide it
to any other existing licensees a day or so after that.

If it matters, we're both so far working with VC++ 7.0 backends
on the tests. Other backend may or may not have other issues.

--
Greg Comeau/ 4.3.0.1: FULL CORE LANGUAGE, INCLUDING TC1
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout