From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-19 09:36:07

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:30:56 +0100, "Paul A Bristow"
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>I stand better informed than I really wanted to be,

Is this an idiomatic expression? Because, to the letter, it means you
didn't want to understand the details (which are, by the way, very
simple). Of, course, that's quite another matter.

>and only quacking quietly from getting my mind round
>the implications of these rather complex rules.
>(They remind me of PL/1 automatic conversions which were
>designed by IBM sales managers to sell computers
>but ended up being a maze of snares for the unwary.)
>
>This scheme may offer more surprises to the many naive users (like me)
>than an explicit (and convenient 'global') choice, for example:
>
>using boost::math::double_constants;
>
>to ensure that the expected size is used.

Well, you wanted to know what is likely to be accepted. In a formal
review (this isn't anymore, AFAIU, is it?) I would vote no to your
approach.

Genny.