From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-23 02:03:26

Hi,

> Ah... the problem is that those new additions are not documented, AFAICT ;-)
> It makes it a little bit hard to understand the interface, especially since
> there are no examples/tests for split functionality.

Well, as I said, this stuff is quite new, documentation will follow soon, please
be patient :)
Currently the example usage can be seen only in tests :( Tests for split are located in
$sandbox$/libs/string_algo/iterator_test.cpp

I want to finish some parts of implementation beforehand and I have plans to completely
rework the documentation to reflect these changes.

> > One of them is the integration with the container_traits idea proposed by
> > Jeremy Siek and Thorsten Ottosen. It allows to use C-string the same way
> > as any container.
>
> Ehmm... I see that you're using a local/modified copy of
> sandbox/boost/sequence_algo/container_traits.hpp. Do you plan to intergate
> those files? It would be very good idea, IMO.

They are already integrated, but there is still a need for a little bit of polishing.
I have modified/extended container_traits from ..../sequence_algo/ to fit them into
the lib. However, the contaiter_traits in the string_algo lib are not mean to be used
from outside of the lib. At least not for now. I think, that they are essential
for string_lib, so I asked Thorsten if I can integrate them. If my lib gets accepted,
it will also act as a showcase for container_traits.

Regards,

Pavol