From: Tim Russell (t-bone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-27 15:02:45

Pardon me if this has already been noted or discussed..

I seem to have found a bug/issue with boost::filesystem::path. It dies upon being created with a filename that begins with a space. Being that these are legal filenames on several platforms, it would appear that this is undesirable behavior.

Quick example:

boost::filesystem::path p;
p = boost::filesystem::path(" .txt"); .// Three spaces

Result, upon execution, is "Aborted" to stderr.

If anyone could shed some light, I'd appreciate it. Or just tell me "That's how it's supposed to be" -- that's cool too.

--Tim