From: Drazen DOTLIC (Drazen.Dotlic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-12 03:45:47

> That's because void_ is for MPL internal use only; it's not a type
> you should manipulate (I think Aleksey doesn't believe me, but I'm
> about to prove it... <wink>).

It's quite all right - my code does not use that "other" type, I just
need a type. I could have just as well used my own "class null_type
{};", but mpl's void_ looked like good enough choice. Anyway, I want to
use "null" or "void" in the name of the type just for readability of my
code.

> Observe the definition of identity (comments added for exposition
> purposes):
[snip]

Well, what can I say - this is not visible from the header, as many
things are wrapped in macros, so reading the code is much harder. Now
that you've shown it the way it really is, I can see the problem. But
since I didn't need void_ in the first place, all is good.

Thanks,

Drazen