From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-16 16:33:22

With the addition of the variant library has come several closely-related
components such as boost::get<T>, boost::apply_visitor,
boost::static_visitor, and boost::visitor_ptr. While I do plan to submit a
more general-purpose visitation library for review in the near feature,
currently these components are essentially useless outside of their use with
boost::variant.

Other components, however, are more general purpose -- namely, boost::empty
and boost::incomplete. Since boost::empty is almost trivial, I plan to
document and test it as part of the utility library.

But boost::incomplete is generally quite useful (for example, in
implementing the "pimpl" idiom), and I think Boosters may employ it often
without boost::variant. My question then: should boost::incomplete be given
its own libs/incomplete directory and an announcement on the main html page?

Any input welcome.

Thanks,
Eric