From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-17 05:15:14

Peter Dimov wrote:

>>But I don't have access to Intel C++.
>

> I do now, fixed (hopefully), thanks for the report.

The european, transparent mirror of the SF CVS-tree has a lag of more
than 22 hours. Annoying :(

The fix looks good to me (in fact I was playing with exactly the same
idea) and hopefully fixes the problem for the cwpro8, too. See:

http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/resources/cvs_RC_1_30_0/cs-win32_metacomm-links.html#checked_delete_test%20cwpro8

That given the comment should read "some compilers" instead of "Intel 7"
and it is not complete as a zero-sized array should also be an error
(8.3.4/1), but the compiler happily accepts it in system headers, too.

Regards, Daniel

PS: Maybe it's my lousy english, but being called the "reporter" of the
problem makes me feel like a user just complaining "Hey, it doesn't
work!" instead of a developer analysing the problem and discussing
fixes. I ignored it for the ADL-fix, but now it happens again :-/

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology