From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-17 22:49:44

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 8:09 AM, David Abrahams wrote:

> Daryle Walker <dwalker07_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Looking at the ROOT/boost/more/mailing_lists.htm file from the latest
>> CVS and the web site:
>>
>> 1. Not all the lists are given. It excludes (at least) the
>> documentation and installation lists. (The CVS version adds the
>> Spirit list that isn't on the web site yet.)
>>
>> 2. All the web sites for separated parts of Boost need to be listed
>> somewhere. An example is the Spirit site.
>
> Why don't you update the page in CVS, Daryle?

A reason I posted is that I _don't_ have a definitive list, and was
looking for one on the web page. What I do know of might be complete,
but I have no way of knowing.

The Wiki and Chinese mirror are listed on the Home Page.

There's a Google search on the Home Page.

There's a bunch of links on the mailing-list page
(BOOST_ROOT/more/mailing_lists.htm)

Extras that I know of:

1. Documentation list
        * un/subscribe at
<https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boost-docs>
2. Installation list
        * un/subscribe at
<http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-install>
3. Spirit web site at <http://spirit.sourceforge.net/>
        * the mailing-list page already lists the corresponding entries

I don't know if [1] and [2] have archives or web sites or mirrored
newsgroups anywhere. Are these even official parts of Boost?

There could be other support web page URLs for sections of Boost
(similar to [3]) hidden within the documentation, too. I wonder if
there's a way to "grep" through all the documentation looking for
non-local URLs?

Daryle