From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-21 10:40:54

David Abrahams wrote:

> Well, that's not my philosophy FWIW. Mine is:
>
> if the condition is a programmer error, use assert
> otherwise, use a well-documented exception

So can I draw you back to the original question of why a locked
scoped_lock throws rather than asserts? The only thing that can cause
this is calling lock on it twice which is a programming error, isn't it?
   It certainly isn't dependent on any external factors that I can see.
  Or are assert/throw decisions left up to the individual library
implementors boost and William Kempf has a different view to yours on
asserts/throws?

Thanks

Russell