From: David A. Ferguson (david.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-22 09:48:38

From: "Sujay Ghosh" <SujayG_at_[hidden]>
> I need to know whether Boost libraries is o/s dependent . How do I acheive
> that , is there any preprocessor that does the neccessary, like

You can achieve it simply by using it. Configuration is transparent and
automatic.

Boost appears to configure itself along three orthogonal lines:
    * by compiler
    * by std:: library
    * by platform

Although I only use a few pieces of it on the Win32 platform.

If you download the distribution and look in:

    boost_1_30_0/boost/config.hpp

You will see the configuration occurring. Digging further down you
will see in:

    boost_1_30_0/boost/config/select_platform_config.hpp

that Boost appears to support these platforms:
    * AIX
    * Amiga
    * Apple
    * BEOS
    * CYGWIN
    * FreeBSD
    * HPUX
    * Linux
    * Macintosh
    * NetBSD
    * OpenBSD
    * SGI
    * Sun
    * Win32
    * generic POSIX
    * generic UNIX

However, Boost is made up individuals that all have "day-jobs". It might
be that not every facet works on every platform. It is hard to imagine
testing all the permutations.

--
David Ferguson