From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-26 16:21:15

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 11:49 AM, Gennaro Prota wrote:

> Ok. In general, please refer (for now) to the sandbox version of
> dynamic_bitset, which is the one actively maintained (and, as you can
> see, it already uses BOOST_WORKAROUND, though just to define
> BOOST_WORKAROUND_BLA_BLA_BLA). I hope to move it soon to the main
> repository. Thanks for your suggestion.

The updates to dynamic_bitset are in the Sandbox CVS? Why there?
Doesn't every other author just apply their tinkering to the main CVS
directly? I thought the sandbox generally has code that hasn't been
put in Boost yet, that is just under consideration.

If an user wants an unviolated version of dynamic_bitset, s/he could
download the latest archive. Since everyone else is using the main CVS
for new changes, it is already "spoiled" for users needing an
unviolated version.

The story might be different if you're doing a (near-)100% rewrite,
especially an incompatible one, or if you can't wait to upload a set of
changes that is complete (i.e. you would leave a broken library for
[short] periods).

Daryle