From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-28 16:29:46

> Sometimes you want your events to be called
> instantaneously (clear
> paintdevice before drawing on it) and sometimes you
> will want to catch and
> forward them elsewhere (i.e. keystrokes). You need
> both.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I'd prefer a
single underlying event generation/dispatching
mechanism. You could have both (instaneous and asynch
behaviors) with just one underlying mechanism.
If we are to use threads then the instant event would
be emulated by waiting on the completion. If we are
to use single-thread message pumps (like Win32), the
asynch event would be emulated by a post function. If
we select the first option, the gui library must be
thread safe.

Eugene