From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-04 14:02:46

--- Brock Peabody <brock.peabody_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> If we can keep our interface simple
> it might be easiest
> to just make the library an interface specification
> which is implemented
> totally independently for each target platform. Does
> that seem
> reasonable?

I agree.
I think we can have 2 layers. One layer is a low-level
single interface specification that will be
implemented independently for each target platform.
This low-level interface can be designed in terms of
pImpl or ImplTraits idioms (the design would have to
be different depending on the idiom we choose). I
favor the ImplTraits idiom.
The higher layer it the actual gui::boost library that
would be implement as a modern C++ library and reside
in .h files completely. The boost::gui would always
call the specified low-level interface to do the
low-level stuff (like create_window, draw_text, etc.).
 Is it what you mean?

Eugene