From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-05 00:49:37

E. Gladyshev wrote:

> IMO, I should be able to just use the library w/o this
> kind of workarounds. It is hard to debug these .lib/.h
> conflict issues.

Why build the .lib at all? Why not just add the signals source file to
your project? I did this for a while with thread and signals. I've
since now got my own build system working with name .libs and generated
headers to make sure project options are the same for the .lib and where
I include the headers.

I've made it easier by only using the multi-threaded libraries in boost
and therefore never create the single threaded libraries.

Also, boost releases don't come out that often that it is a PITA to keep
up to date, although I am just about to go through it with 1.30.1

Russell