From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-05 15:24:45

--- Bohdan <gejrlaug_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Because :
> 1. traits causes more complicated and more
> error prone interface. In this case
> errors can
> be caused by two incompatible thread
> mechanicms used in one application.
> BTW, have you any idea how two diffrent
> thread models will collaborate in one
> application ? And why you may want this
> mess ?

They won't collaborate, you'll get a compile-time
error, if you try. I don't think anybody requested a
collaboration.

> 2. A lot of implementation code will be
> placed in headers,
> which damages compile perfomance VERY
> MUCH ... I hope you have already agreed
> to this point. Do you ?

Have you looked at my solution? It doesn't have
compile performance problems for users.

> 3. I haven't seen compiled application,
> which is working with TWO OSes
> or threading models at the same time.
> Do you ?
> Single/multi treaded is property
> of whole application, but not of it's
> part.
> Current boost::thread design is just
> reflection for this statement.

Win32 already has two threading models that can be
used in one app at the same time. They have put them
there for a reason. I have seen applications that are
using the both threading models.

Sorry but it doesn't seem that you are making any
effort at all to try to understand what I am
proposing. Have you seen my proposal? Does it have
any technical/peformance problems?

Eugene