From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 07:15:38

Beman Dawes wrote:

> What is the status of the Borland compiler as far as fixes and updates go?
> Have they announced any plans?

Borland tend not to announce anything until they are actually shipping
the product. It's an annoying habit, but as the customers have lived
with it all this time I doubt it is about to change.

Their annual conference is first week of November, and as this is their
'20th anniversary' I get the impression they are queuing up 'big'
announcements/releases for then. The little they have said on the next
C++ compiler (new compiler, 100% ISO) suggest this is exactly the sort
of thing that would like to announce there. But now I am into the realm
of speculation rather than informed comment. Personally I don't expect
to see much movement from Borland on the compiler front until then
though.

--
AlisdairM