From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 11:18:17

At 07:49 PM 8/5/2003, Pavel Vozenilek wrote:

>"Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Beman Dawes wrote:

>> > What is the status of the Borland compiler as far as fixes and
>> > updates go? Have they announced any plans?
>>
>> Although they have not announced anything further about more BCB6
service
>> packs, it is easy to guess that there will not be any more. All
>indications
>> are that Borland is working on a BCB7 release but, in true Borland
>fashion,
>> there is no date given when it will be released until it happens.
>
>Something is happening right now - announcement and beta invitation is on
>http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,30279,00.html.

OK, sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.

I'd like to be sure that some Booster signs up for this beta and starts
running the Boost regression tests against it. And then follows up with bug
reports to Borland as needed. Any bugs fixed in the compiler before it
ships are bugs Boosters don't have to cope with later.

Any volunteers:-?

--Beman