From: E. Gladyshev (egladysh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-06 20:21:49

--- Brock Peabody <brock.peabody_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> > 1. The layer 1 must appear as one threaded API
> that
> > has a message queue (ala win32). In other words
> all
> > calls from layer 1 to a library object has to be
> done
> > in the context of the thread that created the
> object
> > (ala win32).
> > 2. The layer 1 can call a library object in the
> > context of an internal thread.
> >
> > What option do think is better? I think this
> issuse
> > will have a significant impact on our design.
>
> I think it would be too complicated to pass messages
> across thread
> boundaries. Is that what you were talking about?

Sorry if I was not specific. My main point was that
we'll need to specify a set of rules for the layer 1
API. Some of the rules will have to be concerned with
how the layer 1 is expected (in terms of threads) to
callback layer 2 functions. I think that there are 2
options (see above) on how it can be specified.

Eugene