From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-07 04:36:58

John Torjo wrote:

>>I agree this would be nice. Of course, I think this will need to fail
>>compilation if the resolution doesn't support nanoseconds.
>

> Not really. If lets say the fractional_seconds are milliseconds, then you
> should return ticks() * 1000 (I think)

I think it should fail. Otherwise you aren't getting the accuracy you
think, and if your happy for millisecond accuracy, use it. If you then
want to customise it for a more accurate platform, use #ifdefs to change
from milli-second to nanosecond

(and I think its 1000000, microsecond is milli * 1000)

Cheers

Russell