From: Alec Ross (alec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-08 16:23:15

>That reminds me of something I was thinking about your post on
>wxWindows. Someone could always write a 'driver' targeting wxWindows if
>they want quick access to all of the platforms it supports and don't
>mind the LGPL.
>
>Brock

Not _exactly_ LGPL. To quote from the wxWindows (2.4.0) distribution:

"
The core distribution of the wxWindows library contains files
under two different licences:

- Most files are distributed under the GNU Library General Public
  Licence, version 2, with the special exception that you may create and
  distribute object code versions built from the source code or modified
  versions of it (even if these modified versions include code under a
  different licence), and distribute such binaries under your own
  terms.

- Most core wxWindows manuals are made available under the "wxWindows
  Free Documentation Licence", which allows you to distribute modified
  versions of the manuals, such as versions documenting any
modifications
  made by you in your version of the library. However, you may not
restrict
  any third party from reincorporating your changes into the original
  manuals.
"

--
Alec Ross