From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 09:34:43

As said in the "Re: Release of 1.30.2 imminent" thread,
recent regressions for intel-linux-7.1 on ios_state and format
(eg
http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux-links.html#format_test1-intel-7.1)
report weird linking erros (due to pthread symbols not found).

In fact, ios_state and format are the only boost libs with static-linked
tests, and I suspect this triggers a problem with the intel-linux
toolset.

I can solve the errors by adding "<threads>multi" as a build
requirement, but I'd prefer not.

If I change format's test Jamfile to use dynamic linking, intel-linux
links (and runs) ok.
but then metrowerks would fail because it supports <locale> only with
static-linking.

I see 2 ways out, but dont know how to actually implement them, so
either :
1. someone understands the situation with intel-linux and fixes this
toolset
2. soemeone tells me how to have a build requirement for a specific
compiler in a Jamfile, so as to use static-linking only for metrowerks.

solution 2 is enough to work around the intel-linux problem for now, but
it would be good to fix the intel-linux toolset static-linking problem.

Oh, and would it be important to fix that before releasing 1.30.2, or
can it just wait ?

Regards,

--
Samuel