From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-14 21:13:33

Brian McNamara wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 11:27:08PM -0400, Brian McNamara wrote:
>
>>I've been working on a draft of the documentation for the boostified
>>version of FC++, and it's finally reached a good enough state to be
>>potentially useful to you-all. Check out

I've wanted to do dynamic inheritance (DI) for some time now. By
DI I mean what Stroustrup described in _Design & Evolution of C++_
in section 12.7 titled "Delegation". I was hoping fc++ or something
similar could implement the "Mixin-based Inheritance" described by
Bracha and Cook in an article with that name and more recently in
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/11696.html. This dynamic inheritance
I think could substitute for the BGL property maps and for
the workspaces in polaris (http://polaris.cs.uiuc.edu/ ) which are
somewhat lik the BGL propery maps. I think openc++ might also find
this useful:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2031538&forum_id=11832

I'll try my hand it this when I get my current project done; meanwhile,
maybe someone else would like to take this on. I think it would be
challenging and the result pretty useful.