From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-17 06:53:43

Misha Bergal wrote:
> Our results are available now.
>
> Looking at it:
>
> * "static_assert" library name got somehow replaced with "libs".

This one is really nasty. We tracked it down, and it's caused by yesterday
changes in "testing.jam":

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/tools/build/testing.jam,v
retrieving revision 1.15
retrieving revision 1.15.2.1
diff -r1.15 -r1.15.2.1
102c102
< local file = $(files[1]:R=$(SUBDIR_TOKENS:J=/) ;

---
>             local file = $(files[1]:R=$(SUBDIR_TOKENS:J=/)) ;
                                                          ^^^
While the above looks like a right fix to me (not to mention that I have no
idea how the mismatched brackets _could be_ handled without giving a syntax
error), but the fact is that the change caused an unwanted behavior - now,
while dumping the tests info, bjam appends an erroneous 'libs\' prefix to
the static_assert library test names:
[bjam.log]
boost-test(COMPILE_FAIL) "static_assert_test_fail_8" :
"libs\libs\static_assert\static_assert_test_fail_8.cpp"
boost-test(COMPILE_FAIL) "static_assert_test_fail_7" :
"libs\libs\static_assert\static_assert_test_fail_7.cpp"
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^
This, in turn, leads to erroneous detection of the library name further in
the tools chain, and ultimately to incorrect summary and detailed regression
reports - http://tinyurl.com/jtpd (the yellow cells in the middle).
The old revision works exactly as wanted (however weird it is):
boost-test(COMPILE_FAIL) "static_assert_test_fail_8" :
"libs\static_assert\static_assert_test_fail_8.cpp"
boost-test(COMPILE_FAIL) "static_assert_test_fail_7" :
"libs\static_assert\static_assert_test_fail_7.cpp"
I would appreciate if someone with bjam expertise explained what's happening
here and what would be the right fix.
Thanks,
Aleksey