From: Russel Hill (russh347_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-20 08:15:06

Martin Wille wrote:

> Yes, that is why I didn't add more STLport configurations to the
> tests, yet. However, STLport's support for debugging is certainly an
> interesting feature to use for many developers. So, there would still
> be good use for STLport with recent gcc versions.

This is exactly our situation. Our target applications actually run on
an embedded coldfire board. At this point, we're constrained to a
gcc-2.95 derived toolchain, no stlport, and no boost ... on the target
platform. As time allows, we will be looking into the later toolchain
and uClinux distributions. For now we use STLport to support our
development environment, simulation, and testing. STLport assertion
failures are fairly rare occurrances, but well worth the investment when
they do happen.