From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-08-21 21:12:07

At 06:38 PM 8/21/2003, David Abrahams wrote:

>I need to make a mapping over paths. Is there any important reason
>there's no operator< provided?

I don't think it has been discussed. I've had the need myself, but worked
around it by using path::string() to generate the key.

There were a number of discussions about operator== and !=. They can be
subject to serious abuse and misunderstanding, and so are left out. I'm
still not sure if that was the right decision, so might be willing to
review it.

Anyhow, we should be able to support maps and sets of paths. I'll try to
give it some thought in the morning when I'm wider awake.

--Beman